About Our Client:
Our client is a fast growing fintech company based in Mexico City that is building technology infrastructure to help power the future of B2B commerce in Latin America. Their core offering is a “buy now, pay later” payment solution for B2B marketplaces and wholesalers that integrates seamlessly into existing sales channels (both online and offline). Offering our client’s installment options at checkout as a form of payment boosts sales, increases customer loyalty and reduces operational costs and risk. They’ve raised funding from leading investors in the United States, Latin America and Europe and their founders recently completed the prestigious Latitud Fellowship Program for top entrepreneurs in Latin America.
Currently, our client is looking for a Backend Developer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will be part of a team that is building a large scale, enterprise platform that processes B2B (business to business) payments and embedded financing products. Their team is distributed globally and you will work closely with other developers while reporting directly to the CTO. In addition to programming, you will have the opportunity to interact frequently with our clients as a key resource for managing technical integrations.
You are a seasoned developer with at least 4 years experience developing Node.js services, APIs, or enterprise applications. You are just as comfortable writing code as you are leading technical solution meetings. You’re looking to work with smart people and have fun building something great. You thrive in the fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment typical of a high-growth technology company.
You’ll get to:
- Work with a team to develop new payments systems
- Build and implement new features for existing systems
- Maintain and update existing systems
- Participate in system design and specification, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Lead any technical meetings related to API integration with our merchant partners and be the primary point of contact for our customers’ engineering teams
- Commitment to team coordination is imperative for collaborative problem solving, design and architecture decisions, and development of infrastructure
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensures the practice is followed consistently
- Provide analysis of problems and recommends solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- High level of proficiency in English and fluency in Spanish is required
- Experience in designing and developing web services
- Thorough understanding of backend-end technologies
- Understanding of issue tracking systems such as Jira
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Ability to clearly document application designs and the related management and support procedures
- Ability to quickly learn or use new / emerging technologies as required